Butterfly valves for fire protection start, stop or throttle the flow of water through the rotation of an internal disc. The disc’s rotation is typically controlled by a handwheel. Valves equipped with the Handwheel Gear Operator are closed by turning the handwheel clockwise and opened by turning the handwheel counter-clockwise.
Compared to other types of control valves, butterfly valves are relatively lightweight. Their simple, straightforward design also makes them easier to install, maintain and repair.
Butterfly valves are a good alternative to Ball Valves since they use less space resulting in less material and a much lower cost.
This valve painted in red, are fitted with a specially designed gearbox. A yellow flag of 100 x 100 mm, which is also visible from a distance, indicates if the butterfly valve is open or closed. As an option, the gearbox can be fitted with two internal limit switches.
- It is convenient and quick to open and close.
- It can be operated frequently.
- The structure is simple, small size, short structure, suitable for large diameter valves.
- Under low pressure, good sealing can be achieved.
- Easy to install
Wafer and Grooved
Maximum Working Temperature:
– Body: DI
– Disc: ASTM 395 (Nickel covered) Nodular cast iron
– Spindle: ASTM 583 Tip 416 Stainless Steel
– Threaded Box: Cast iron
– Gasket: EPDM
– Flywheel: Cast iron